Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Linens and things

I just bought all new sheets and pillows for my bed, and I learned a few things in the process. One is that if you can get them on sale, do! It's an expensive process, no doubt. More importantly, mixing, not matching, is the way to go. You don't want everything to be matchy-matchy, it looks too boring and uninspired. I recommend getting sheets in a neutral, and buying your bedspread, pillow cases and pillows in complementary colors, but not necessarily similar patterns. Go for subtle patterns paired with bolder ones, so you don't have too many things competing, but so that there are plenty of places of interest on your bed. My favorite places for linens are Anthropologie, West Elm, Marimekko and Target. But only buy what speaks to you, after all, hopefully you'll be spending a third of your day in bed!

No comments: